Translate

LIFE HAS SORROW AND MOM CHANGES HER MIND.

1959-1960




One night, Pye had a litter of kittens.  When I checked on her before I went to bed she had three kittens.  I was almost asleep when I felt her next to me.  When I turned on the light she had a kitten stuck half way out of her.  She was struggling.  "Mom, Pye is having problems having this kitten", I yelled.  Mom didn't come into my room; she just yelled back, “Don’t pull on the kitten."


  I didn’t know what to do.  I began praying, “Dear God, help Pye!”  I was sitting on the bed. Pye placed her head between my knees and pushed hard.  The kitten was born dead.  I cried as I wrapped up the little kitten. Pye went back to her litter of three.



          Mom broke it off with Ed again, but he wasn’t taking “no” for an answer. A couple of Mom’s friends from Beauty School were at the house when he showed up.  Mom tried to shut the door on him but he pushed his way in.

          “You’re coming with me!” he said as he proceeded to  pick her up bodily.


          One of Mom’s friends ran into the kitchen; came back running at Ed with an iron skillet.  Ed let go of Mom, but he swore he would be back, as he left.